3/4 c shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 cups flour
1 tsp ginger
2 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
Mix all together and form into balls. Roll in sugar and put on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 oven for 10 minutes. Leave on the cookie sheet a few minutes before removing. (I doubled the recipe and got about 4 dozen 3 inch cookies.)
After the cookies have cooled, you can dip half in white chocolate or drizzle the white chocolate across the top.

4 comments:
Sounds yummy. Do the cookies come out crispy like store-bought gingersnaps, or are they softer?
Janelle - they are softer...which is why I really like them. I don't generally care for the crispy store bought kind.
Yummy, I am coming over for sure tonight to raid your kitchen! I remember those good sugar cookies you made last time. Jeannen could not get enough of them! Okay and me to!
Really good -- I just ate one. Thanks!!
Post a Comment