Friday, November 9, 2007

I've been tagged....

thanks, Carrie. I loved reading about your "8 things". Here's my 8

1. I'm not a winter person. I don't really like living in the snow and cold weather although I LOVE to ski. If I could live in a place that had moderate temperatures all year long with accessibility to a ski mountain 2-3 hours away, that would be my idea place to live. (Sounds like N California!) I also don't like Daylight Savings Time. I basically shut down when it gets dark outside. So during the Daylight Savings months when it gets dark around 5:00, I become so less productive. My typically evening -- dinner at 5:30, watch tv or read until 8:00 and then seriously, my body feels like it's time to go to bed. It's hilarious. I'm way more fun in the summer.

2. I've always had a job since I was 14. My first job during high school was at the Billings YMCA as a lifeguard and swim teacher. I got out of school at 3:00 and would be to work at 3:45 and either teach or lifeguard until 5:15. I loved that job! Jobs since then include: lifeguard, hostess, waitress, ice cream scooper (at BR31), data input at Provo Craft, personal cook, personal assistant to a financial adviser, bank teller, auditor, inside sales rep, account executive (my current "job").

3. I'm a late bloomer, or at least I like to tell myself that. Actually, I hope I've yet to hit my prime. My junior high, high school and college years were not picture or self esteem friendly years. I didn't have a serious boyfriend until I was 24 and didn't have a single date my first two years of college. During that time period, I had clothes in 10 different sizes. Those are interesting years in my life and I've yet to sort everything out.

4. I met DJ at a ward BBQ. He was sitting by my roommates and I and we exchanged names and home towns. No sparks. He was interested in me only because I was from Montana. I became slightly interested in him 4 months later only because he bought me dessert. He proposed to me on my 27th birthday at Sundance 15 months after our first date.

5. I'm a neat freak, a clean freak, an organized freak and sometimes a control freak. I think everything should have a purpose and a place otherwise it just gets in the way and I have to dust it. I like that I'm this way. Although, the older I get, the more I'm realizing life isn't always about cleaning, organizing and controlling. Memories definitely aren't made while cleaning the kitchen.

6. I have two brothers, three sisters, 6 nephews and 1 niece. I love when my mom calls during the day and we chat. I really love my family.

7. My biggest accomplishment to date: my college degree. Someday, I'm going to get a master's degree. I'm just not sure in what field of study yet.

8. My guilty confession: I'm addicted to people.com. Honestly, I don't know why. It's bookmarked in my tabs and I seriously check the site 6-7 times daily -- less, of course, on the weekend, but still on the weekend. I generally look at it right after reading the news first thing in the morning. They always have a daily photo gallery of about 14-16 celebrity pictures. This is how bad my addiction is....People.com only posts 9 updated pictures in the morning and then the other half right at 12:00 Eastern time. So I'm always waiting for the other half of the picture gallery around lunch. Here's the internal conflict -- I could care less about these people. They are just random people living their lives who happen to act like make-believe people and make a lot of money. There should be no fascination about that. I know that I'm just playing into the whole media hype. But for some crazy reason, I'm still addicted to people.com and don't care.

So, Sara Schuller, Stephanie Pederson, and Anna G....you're it.

6 comments:

sara said...

I totally understand the people thing. When I'm at the gym, if I have a people magazine in front of me I could exercise for hours. If not, it's drudgery. Weird. I hate hollywood ideals too.

steph said...

N. CA is a great place for all of that. I grew up in Sacramento and we were 2 hours to skiing and 2 hours to the beach. It was great!
I totally get the People thing to. I think what it is, is glorified people watching. We all like doing it, it's just more fun when there is a "background music" behind it all.

S. Schuller said...

So, 8 things, huh? I'm not sure I'm up for the challenge, but I'll try my best. I loved your answers, btw, Jen. You're so down-to-earth and yet spunky.

Janelle said...

If you don't mind rain, Oregon is another place that would fit your requirements on #1. Temperate weather most of the year (by constant rain, I really mean overcast drizzle in the morning that mostly burns off in the early afternoon). And Mt. Hood and Mt. Bachelor both have excellent skiing. Portland is great!

Summer said...

Hi Jen - I know I talk to you everyday but I still like to comment on your blog once in awhile : ) Loved your 8 things. I think you're awesome!

Carrie Anne said...

This was so fun to read! I loved it! You are such a cool person I hope you know! I'm into people.com, too.:) And I love that you need to still "sort out those years.":) Way awesome! I hope you are feeling better this week and sorry about those bug bites!:)