Tuesday, October 30, 2007

pumpkin cookies

These pumpkin cookies have been a seasonal tradition for as long as I can remember. They bring back a lot of fun memories.

Libby's Pumpkin Cookies

4 c. unsifted all-purpose flour
2 c. quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
1 1/2 c. butter, softened
2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1 (16 oz.) Libby's solid pack pumpkin
1 c. real semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda
1 egg
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, oats, soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside. Cream butter, gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, mix well.

Alternate additions of dry ingredients and pumpkin, mixing well after each addition. Stir in morsels. For each cookie, drop 1/4 cup dough onto lightly greased cookie sheet; spread into pumpkin shape using a thin metal spatula. Add a bit more dough to form stem. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, until cookies are firm and lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheets; cool on racks. Decorate using icing or peanut butter to affix assorted candies, raisins or nuts. Yields: about 32 large cookies.

3 comments:

Summer said...

Here's my testimonial: They are delicious and make a great meal for breakfast and lunch too!

S. Schuller said...

Yum, I am going to have to make these. I'm going to the store NOW to get ingredients! Thanks for posting this recipe.

Carrie Anne said...

I have to tell you that last night I was super tired and it was taking me a while to fall asleep so I started thinking about your house and how you decorated it and how much I love it! I was seriously going through each room and remembering all the things I love about it. You've got great style and I love it so much!