Monday, October 15, 2007
the key to a successful marriage....
Yesterday, our Relief Society lesson was on having an Honorable, Happy, Successful Marriage (check out lesson 18 in the SWK manual). I was sitting on the back row next to a super cute lady. She is one of the few ladies with teenagers whose husband isn't in school in our ward. And I've thought that she and her husband seem to have a really fantastic marriage. Usually, she's the one in Relief Society to make really spiritual comments and seems to always "get it". Anyway, towards the end of the lesson, our teacher asked for comments on how to continue to make marriages successful. As ladies raised their hands and offered comments with different marriage advice, this cute lady leaned over and whispered, "I can't share my comment to the group." It caught me a little off guard, so I leaned back and whispered, "Why's that? What's your comment?" And no joke, this is what she whispered back to me as her advice for a successful marriage -- "Strip down more often." I couldn't stop laughing! It was, by far, the best marriage advice I've ever heard!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Paul will love this! Are you going to share this tip at book group next week?
Yeah, probably! It's right in line with Dr. Laura's philosophy. :)
That's so funny...but probably pretty true. I think she should have said it! It would have been a great story to tell down the road about crazy RS lessons.
I'm still laughing about that. sooo funny.
That rocks and I have a feeling who it was! It's so true, huh?
So I am dying to know who this is. There aren't very many women to choose from...but you have to spill the beans! I love it. Thank for the smile.:)
So Ladies, my question is this: Who among us has the most successful marriage? :)
Well, I'm pregnant, but you guys almsot all have kids already... It's evidence for something, right?
Post a Comment