Tuesday, September 4, 2007

energy to wave

My friend Summer and I decided it would be fun to run a 5K Labor Day morning. Without realizing it, we were great running buddies, keeping a good, steady pace together throughout the race. My goal was to complete the race, without walking, under 30 minutes. At our 1 mile checkpoint, the lady calling out times called out 9.20. A good sign! We were under 10 minute miles. It was a gorgeous day and the race ran through some really beautiful neighborhoods. Unfortunately, because I was using all my energy just to run, I hardly said a word to Summer the whole race. Towards the, I didn't think I was going to make it. But right then, there were our husbands and Summer's kids cheering us on. They were a great motivation to keep going. Needless to say, I accomplished my goal and got a time of 28.30!!! Not too shabby for a 30 year old!

DJ caught this picture of us right before the 3 mile marker. I was dying!!!

4 comments:

S. Schuller said...

Okay, you are the WOMAN! You look like a total runner in that picture! Great time too!

sara said...

Whatever "I'm not a runner". You sure look like one to me.
Congrats!!!

steph said...

Way to go Jen! You're amazing!

Seriously... said...

congrats! that's awesome. i have a faint memory of being able to run a mile in 7 something minutes. I think I was 12. I can't remember the last time I even tried timing myself...i think it was more like 15 (more of a walk than a run). Anyways....that's very impressive. Now you need to do a marathon!