Friday, August 31, 2007

mmmm, sushi

I love sushi. Well maybe, just california rolls. But I love the experience of sushi. We went to a sushi restaurant, Sushi Rock, last night with our neighbor, Larry. I take care of his dogs every Tuesday and he treated us as a "thank you". Anyway, Sushi Rock has half price rolls every Thursday night. They also have a spicey california roll which I've never had anywhere else and it's now my favorite. Someday, I'm going to learn how to make sushi.

I'm looking forward to the Labor Day long weekend. My girlfriend and I are running a 5K Monday morning. Nope, I haven't been training.... unless you call 30 min, 2 times a week on the elliptical at the gym training. So I made DJ run 3 miles with me Tuesday morning so I could "train". I only got 1.5 miles and was dying. My side ached and I could hardly breath. We walked the rest of the way home. My quads have been stiff since and it's painful to walk down the stairs. I'm just a little bit nervous about it, but it will be fun.

I hope your long weekends are filled with fun plans.

1 comment:

S. Schuller said...

Impressive---5K! That's great. I'm sure you'll do well, as in everything else you do. California rolls sound delish!