My August was an amazing month full of travels to six states and an entire month with my family. I had so much fun and hated coming back to reality. Here's just a small recap of some of my adventures:
I flew to Phoenix to meet up with my sister Mesha and her husband Jeremiah and meet my new nephew Oliver. We had a great dinner and then spent the next day driving to SLC. I absolutely loved spending the whole day in the car with my sister chatting and catching up.
hanging out with Oliver in SLC
I then flew to Boise to spend a couple of days with my parents before we embarked on our family vacation. My mom and I were able to get a lot of projects done around her house. In between, we took ice cream breaks. I haven't eaten that much ice cream in forever and it was fantastically delicious.
Our family vacation started in Yellowstone Park. Here is Ethan and Ambrie faithfully waiting for Old Faithful.
...it never fails. We then headed to Cooke City, MT for the week. I love Cooke City and hadn't been there for about 5 years.
We ventured to all our old homes to check out if our graffiti still existed. Yep, concrete does hold up well.
On our drive out through the park, we finally spotted a bear! We had such a great time in MT and I'm so glad I was able to go. We headed back to Boise and I got to spend more time with my parents before flying to Palo Alto to be with DJ.
We loved Palo Alto! We met up with David and the Wirigs and had a fabulous time. No pictures to prove it, unfortunately. Saturday, DJ's rotation was over so we packed up the jeep and headed south on Highway 1. We drove down along the coast and stopped in Santa Maria to take pictures of this beautiful sunset and stay the night. We arrived in Irvine Sunday afternoon and DJ started his next rotation Monday.

Luckily, Reason rescued me Tuesday and we spent a lovely day in Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, getting drinks at the most amazing resort - Pelican Hill - getting a pedicure/manicure and finally meeting up with DJ for dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Gulfstream. They have the most amazing artichokes.
I can't believe a month can go that fast! I loved every last minute of it.
Now, back to projects.

8 comments:
so fun to have you guys out...even if it was a quick dinner! I had to do a double take...in the picture of the 2 babies, the one in blue looks like he could be one of my kids....like a parker i think. anyway...can't wait to see you guys again!
Hey! I saw your AWESOME job on the driveway sealing! I saw you out there and when I came home, it was done! You go girl!
YEAH!!!! I am so glad you posted! I have been waiting to hear about your trips. It looks like you had a great time with your family and DJ. Take care.
Loved the cute pictures of your family at the cabin. What a fun month.
Jen, you are looking so great! I'm glad that I get to spy on your life every once in awhile. I'm so glad you're doing well!
Looks like a fabulous time!!
What an awesome way to spend DJ's away rotation! How fun.
Sounds like a great vacation! Glad you had so much fun! (It's good to have you back though! Ü)
Post a Comment