Wednesday, September 9, 2009

labor day weekend

dj jokes with me that Labor Day is my favorite holiday. I pretty much have to agree. I absolutely love projects and getting things done. Projects are my idea of fun, dj's idea of labor. So, with him still gone, I took the opportunity to enjoy Labor Day weekend my style. Here's what I got accomplished.

- laundry
- made some freezer peach jam
- dug out a dying bush and planted a new bush in the front yard
- fertilized all the flowers and plants
- cleaned the house
- stripped a dresser I'm refinishing
- shopped
- had lunch and dinner with great friends
- painted my toenails
- basked in the extreme joy of completing so many items on my to-d0 list
- missed DJ

2 comments:

Summer said...

very impressive - and so you : ) Miss you guys!

Rebecca Carter said...

And I thought Harvey and I got a lot done! We sanded and re-stained the deck out in the backyard.

I totally understand your joy of lists and getting things done!

Oh, happy day!!