It's officially been 2 weeks, 14 days and 1 hour, since I got laid off and I have to say, "I'm having the time of my life." I feel like George Bluth when he goes to jail. (Arrested Development, anyone). I'm not planning on joining a gang or starting a religion anytime soon for those of you worried. I have, however, felt more productive and fulfilled in the last couple of week than I have in a really long time. It's amazing what I've been able to accomplish in 14 laid back, simple, gorgeous and sunny, stress free, no conference calls or having to BS the boss days:
1. slept in until 8:00 am everyday, except the weekends when I roll out of bed closer to 9:30
2. cleaned my entire house from top to bottom and back again
3. made cinnamon rolls twice
4. spent about 20 hours gardening at the Hope Lodge
5. planted my own herb garden
6. re-arranged all my flower gardens and planted a lot of new plants
7. celebrated our 5th anniversary with DJ by doing #8
8. spent 3 days on the beach in Florida
9. got my summer tan, thanks to 3 days in Florida
10. went to the King's of Leon concert (pictures to follow)
11. booked a flight to spend a week with my sister the first week of June
12. cleaned and detailed the car
13. spent an entire day catching up on my scrapebook
14. the best part is DJ is on a research month so we just get to hang out all day together
Truth be told, I'm completely in love with this no job thing. I'm so grateful it happened when it did and I'm going to use every single minute of my new found freedom to gear up and recharge for the next job. Hopefully, when that new adventure comes around, it will be worth the trade off.
1. slept in until 8:00 am everyday, except the weekends when I roll out of bed closer to 9:30
2. cleaned my entire house from top to bottom and back again
3. made cinnamon rolls twice
4. spent about 20 hours gardening at the Hope Lodge
5. planted my own herb garden
6. re-arranged all my flower gardens and planted a lot of new plants
7. celebrated our 5th anniversary with DJ by doing #8
8. spent 3 days on the beach in Florida
9. got my summer tan, thanks to 3 days in Florida
10. went to the King's of Leon concert (pictures to follow)
11. booked a flight to spend a week with my sister the first week of June
12. cleaned and detailed the car
13. spent an entire day catching up on my scrapebook
14. the best part is DJ is on a research month so we just get to hang out all day together
Truth be told, I'm completely in love with this no job thing. I'm so grateful it happened when it did and I'm going to use every single minute of my new found freedom to gear up and recharge for the next job. Hopefully, when that new adventure comes around, it will be worth the trade off.

9 comments:
Congratulations! I know that job was really wearing on you, so I can only imagine you're glad to be rid of it.
awesome! free time is the best. I know when I was pregnant with brady i took a month of maternity leave BEFORE he was born and had the time of my life....i'm glad I did as I have not had a day of vacation since. All of those things sound so fun...hope you're doing well, glad you're having fun...wish we lived closer so we could play!
And I'm glad I got to spend some of your free time talking/walking/browsing your beautiful home. You are so great. I am amazed at how much you've gotten done in the past two weeks. I hope to see more of you in the near future before some other job snatches you away!
Arrested development RULES!
Hey Jen, We are sorry to hear about your job, but glad you are rejuvinating and spending time doing things you probably didn't have time for before. Good luck finding a new job or figuring out what your game plan is in the near future.
well how about that awesome perspective! i'm glad it's been a blessing for you! good for you! it made me want to be "laid off" for a week so i could get all of those things done, too.
A. i'm SO GLAD you've been sleeping in..you just need to some times...and i hope you have never felt guilty about it!
B. florida is an awesome way to spend an anniversary & get geared up for summer!
C. arrested development is HILARIOUS!!!!!! you rule!
the problem with you posting is that i miss you a lot & i remember that super fun dinner before we moved. i also thought of you when i FINALLY bought my utensil holder thingy at Crate & Barrel...it's a little bigger than the WS one.:)
Wow, I'm sorry you got laid off but I'm glad you've been having a great time! How awesome you went to Florida and are planting an herb garden. I really want to plant a garden when we move, but I have the worst green thumb so we'll see:)
I am glad you are doing some relaxing!! Especially after the craziness of work! Hope you are doing FABULOUS!!
I hope you are having a good time in Utah! It sounds like it was the right time for this job to expire. You are so talented and capable I am sure (if you don't end up loving this new turn of life too much) you'll find another position in no time.
I'll miss visiting teaching you, you are a sweetheart! =)
Post a Comment