Friday, May 8, 2009

hindsight

I couldn't sleep last night. So my sweet DJ took me on a drive at 1:30 am and we drove out into the country and he played dj. I love when DJ drives and picks the music. I had a really crappy day yesterday and everything seemed to be made right when I heard these lyrics:

'the past is beautiful
like the darkness between the fireflies'
-Mason Jennings

There are always going to be periods of light and dark in life but both are important and can be equally beautiful.

Last night was the perfect night for a late night drive. Cleveland was absolutely beautiful and I'm grateful for the clarity that it provided.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those night time drives especially when it is nice outside and last night was really nice!

Lori said...

Yay for wonderful husbands on bummer days :) Love you Jen!

Natalie and Ryan said...

That made me sad just thinking you had a bad day. I am sorry! I hope you have a terrific week, with wonderful music and fun times with your hubby. Man, I miss hanging out with you guys. I could really use some Jen time. Too bad we live so far away, huh? I could think of a hand full of things I would love to do with you. Like making cards or going shopping. We finally redecorated our bathroom. YEAH!! It is really nice. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

hang on! things tent to work out some home. Just get closer to the Lord and he would take your burdens away!

Rebecca said...

Love me some Mason Jennings! How could he not make everything better!
Hope you are on the up and up!

Carrie Anne said...

DJ is so cool...you are too...i hope things keep going better & better.

Marilyn said...

It's good to know you're not alone in having a bad day... I guess they are unavoidable for all of us. I am glad you have a sweet husband to take care of you when you were down. =)