Tuesday, August 5, 2008

small victories

1. I drove to and from the gym the other day and didn't have to stop at a single red light. Take that Cleveland!
2. I haven't eaten candy for 3 1/2 weeks - with the exception of lifesavers and some milk duds when I went and saw "Dark Knight"
3. I'm finally starting to feel like myself again.

14 comments:

Summer said...

Movie treat don't count! You HAVE to have treats at the movies! Your record is still clean! Ü

I'm glad you're starting to feel a little better! Ü

rebecca and tim white said...

So glad you are starting to feel like your self again (I was going to say "old self again", but hey we are still young right!)

Dagley Family said...

how do you do it 3 1/2 weeks? I need some tips. Lifesavers are hardly consider candy. Way to go!

jen said...

Okay, I don't know how you can go that long without candy. I've tried to quit, but I just can't! And the red light thing is truly amazing - Congrats!

Lori said...

I'm just sitting here eating my good and plentys. well i have to finish the bag before I start a no candy life, i can't just throw it away!

Carrie Anne said...

i'm trying to do no candy, too, and it's so hard...that's why i keep drinking diet coke...it's gotta be one or the other. although i should probably drink izzes instead of diet coke...oh what to do!
i'm glad you're feeling more optimistic...that's really great & so needed!
shortly after we moved to cleveland i had a major "hit my limit/i am psycho" time or whatever you call it. anyway, james gave me a blessing that turned everything around. i'm not a blessing person and usually things don't turn around as quickly as they did that time, but it was after i started taking super b complex (high potency) & trying other things. i hope you've found anything that helps. good for you! you are amazing!!!:)

Summer said...

Yeah Jen! For all three things, but mostly #3. I love you and miss you and it was great to talk to you the other day : )

theharmans said...

No Candy! You are the strongest person I know! I can't go a single day without candy, way to go!

Justin and Stacey said...

Okay, the red light thing has only happened to me once coming from Severence...but I was truly amazed! Isn't that funny how that can somehow brighten your day? Are you going to be around today? i have something to drop off at your house. Hopefully it doesn't fall into the "candy" category because I think you might like it! :)

Anonymous said...

I think it's the small things that make or break a day. I'm glad those small things resulted in a victorious and happy day for you!

Andrea B said...

I love how the little things in life can put us in great moods! I wish I could be as strong as you and give up sweets. Last night I was so into my book,do I really need to say which one?, when I looked down and realized I had eaten the whole bag of choc. covered pretzels! Oops!

Rebecca said...

Yiepee! Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed your vaca from the blog world, cant wait to hear more!

S. Schuller said...

Jen, way to stay away from candy for so long. You amaze me. You still go to the gym in the summer, you are probably dressed cute and wearing make-up right now, and you always make me feel better when I'm around you. Way to be you again!

Becky said...

Hey Jen! I finally found you! I can't believe it has been so long since I last talked to you, what 7 years ago? I have wondered where the heck you are and now I know. I am nervous writing this because I am not sure if you are interested, but "Goose", its me Maverick-get into the Danger Zone. You can email me mbjshelton@yahoo.com I hope all is well with you and I hope to hear from you soon!

Becky Stirland Shelton