I got this recipe from my friend, Dominica. Everything she cooks is amazing, including these. I always cook extra and then make some pulled pork burritos with rice and black beans and yummy "cafe rio" like salads. Enjoy!
dry rub:
2Tbs salt
2Tbs black pepper
2Tbs Brown sugar
2Tbs Paprika
1/2Ts cayenne
4 pound shoulder pork roast
2cups apple juice
1 cup apple cider vinegar
2 Tbs Worcestershire
1/2 Tbs liquid smoke
1/2 Tbs garlic powder
6 soft hamburger buns with seeds
Bbq sauce
Preheat oven to325 degrees F. (I use a crock pot)
Mix the dry run ingredients in small bowl. Sprinkle dry rub all over the pork roast, pressing into the pork. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. (And I don't do this.)
Combine liquid ingredients and the garlic powder in a medium bowl and pour into a large dutch oven. Place pork in the oven and tightly cover with aluminum foil then lid. Roast for 4 hours or until fork tender and shreds easily. Brush the roast with cooking liquid every hour.
Remove from oven and let stand until cool enough to handle. Shred the pork with a fork or tongs into bite size pieces.
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I haven't been on in awhile... hope you are feeling better! Being sick SUCKS!! Don't you just miss Cafe Rio!! We make our own version all the time... do you have the creamy ranch recipe?? I have one if you don't... I send my love!!
I just made pulled pork on Sunday but I wish I would've used your recipe. I'll have to try it next time, thanks!
i am so glad you posted this.... i have been meaning to ask you for the recipe since you brought it to ej and i :)
I tried this recipe and it was really good! We still have left overs that have been really nice to simply reheat! Thanks!
Post a Comment