Wednesday, June 4, 2008

cilantro citrus chicken

I tried this recipe this past weekend and loved it. Delicious chicken with sides or topped on a salad. Sorry, there's no picture, you'll just have to take my word on it. :)

1/2 c chopped green onion
1/3 c fresh cilantro leaves
1/4 c fresh parsley leaves
1/4 c fresh orange juice
1/4 c fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 garlic cloves
12 (8 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp black pepper

The recipe from cooking light called for you to blend the first 7 ingredients in a food processor however, I just finely chopped everything. Place chicken breasts and herb mixture in a zip lock bag and refrigerate at least 1 hour. When ready to grill, remove chicken from refrigerator and allow to stand for 15 minutes. Sprinkle chicken with salt, cumin and pepper and grill.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

To DIE For!!! Cant wait to try it with say..."Jen's Rolls" :) Delicious!

Dagley Family said...

Jen - can you come over and cook this specialty? Thanks for the recipe

Ben, Deb and the P-Man said...

Jen, I am so excited to try this recipe. I have all the ingredients in my house (which is unbelievable for me) and I need some new healthy summer recipes. I can't wait to try it. Thanks for the tip and I hope your work trip went well.