Friday, December 7, 2007

friday afternoon matinee


Last Friday, DJ and I went to see Lars and the Real Girl. Not only do I love seeing movies with DJ, but I really liked this movie. It was different than what I imagined it would be. I thought it was going to be one of those comedies where the jokes were inserted every couple minutes just for the sake of making the movie a comedy. This movie was different. Of course the premise is amusing, but there is a reality to this movie that I really appreciated and loved. I was able to walk away with a much greater appreciation for my mental health and the realization that a community coming together can change people's lives. It was refreshing.

1 comment:

Carrie Anne said...

Okay so I have not heard of this movie, but now I totally want to see it! Was it at the CedarLee theater? How fun to do a Friday matinee! You're so cool!