So I may have been too quick to pat myself on the back for a job well done. Last Saturday, as I was showing off my bathroom to some friends, I noticed the paint had bubbled up down beside the vanity. Deep down, I knew this wasn't a good sign. Upon investigation (which was tearing open the wall I had just painted), I realized there was a leak somewhere under the sink. I retightened all the bolts I had loosened while switching out the facet hoping that it had just been a small oversight on my part. Nope. We had a good friend come check it out on Sunday and he added an extra washer. Problem not fixed. Monday and Tuesday, I tried to convince myself the problem would just go away. By Wednesday night, I knew there was a serious problem and something I couldn't do myself. Thursday morning, I finally called a plumber. He was at my house within 2 hours and found the leak. A tiny hole in the elbow pipe behind my vanity. He fixed it, I watched, leak fixed. 1 hour, $90....phew! Now, I just need to mend my wall, repaint, and rechaulk. Then I might brag again. :)
Friday, July 3, 2009
too quick to brag
So I may have been too quick to pat myself on the back for a job well done. Last Saturday, as I was showing off my bathroom to some friends, I noticed the paint had bubbled up down beside the vanity. Deep down, I knew this wasn't a good sign. Upon investigation (which was tearing open the wall I had just painted), I realized there was a leak somewhere under the sink. I retightened all the bolts I had loosened while switching out the facet hoping that it had just been a small oversight on my part. Nope. We had a good friend come check it out on Sunday and he added an extra washer. Problem not fixed. Monday and Tuesday, I tried to convince myself the problem would just go away. By Wednesday night, I knew there was a serious problem and something I couldn't do myself. Thursday morning, I finally called a plumber. He was at my house within 2 hours and found the leak. A tiny hole in the elbow pipe behind my vanity. He fixed it, I watched, leak fixed. 1 hour, $90....phew! Now, I just need to mend my wall, repaint, and rechaulk. Then I might brag again. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
whew! i'm glad it wasn't worse! good thing you caught it sooner than later! wow! it still looks awesome so i think you can still brag.:)
Maybe there was a little kink right after but it looks awesome! I love the dark faucet and accessories you choose!
Good thing you got that taken care of quick! Your bathroom is seriously AMAZING! I am thinking about hiring you to do ours on Tullamore... we have the VanBoxel's renting... sersiously, would you be interested? :)
Post a Comment